- President, AstraZeneca Diabetes, U.S.; President, BMS Diabetes, U.S.; EVP, Takeda Pharmaceuticals; VP, Commercial Strategy, TAP Pharmaceuticals
- Boards: Catalyst Pharmaceuticals; Synergy Pharmaceuticals
- Education: M.B.A., Kellogg Graduate School of Management; B.S., Microbiology, University of Notre Dame
Karl Johe, Ph.D.
- Co-founder of Neuralstem; NIH/NINDS Staff Scientist
- Education: Post-doctoral fellow, UCSF; Ph.D, Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine; M.A./B.A., Biochemistry, University of Kansas
Dr. David Recker is the founding manager of JJK Consulting, a group that advises on pharmaceutical development, with an emphasis on global implementation of small molecule clinical trial design as well as a therapeutic focus on cell therapy. Dr. Recker serves as the Chief Medical Officer of Vericel Corporation, where he has been responsible for clinical development, regulatory affairs, medical and scientific affairs, pharmacovigilance, statistics and data management. Previously, Dr. Recker was Senior Vice President, Clinical Sciences with Taked';s Global Research and Development division, where he implemented global clinical development strategies for several pharmacologic agents in multiple therapeutic areas. Dr. Recker completed his M.D. with distinction at the University of Michigan Medical School.
Thomas Hazel, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Research
- Neuralstem’s Stem Cell Discovery Program Director and Senior Scientist since 1998; Staff Scientist at the NIH Laboratory of Molecular Biology of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke in Bethesda; and was a NIH IRTA fellow from 1993-1996.
- Education: Ph.D., Genetics, University of Illinois College of Medicine; B.A., Biology, Kalamazoo College